Saturday, June 9, 2012

June 9



Composer and songwriter Cole Porter was born on June 9, 1891, into a wealthy family in Indiana. Though he was classically trained in music, he was attracted to musical theater and gained enormous success in the 1920s and 1930s as one of the greatest songwriters ever to write for Broadway. He was unique in that he wrote both the lyrics and the music for his songs. A very short list of the many hit songs Porter composed for both theater and movies includes: "Night and Day," “Anything Goes,” "I Get a Kick out of You," “It’s De-Lovely,” “I've Got You Under My Skin," "You're the Top," "You'd Be So Easy to Love," “So In Love,” “Too Darn Hot,” "I've Got You Under My Skin," "In the Still of the Night" and "True Love."

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment